What is your perfect day? What if it was the last day in the ordinary life that you know? Perhaps mine would look like yesterday:
1. Looking and working on my photographic vision quest.
2. Worked on one of my photography books: The Drunken Boat. Remixes of my Amsterdam dead boat series, Rimbaud’s poem “The Drunken Boat” and Godard’s “Socialisme.”
3. On a clear, sunny, snow bright day I made many images in Bryant Park and 5th Avenue.
4. Lunch at Maison Kayser.
5. Crossfit Games 17.4 (55 dead lifts, 55 wall balls, 55 row calories and 55 pushups.) Intense. Hard. Fast and Good.
6. At night before the concert at Lincoln Center I made images of the fountain with the Opera building in the background and prussian blue skies as the sun falls.
7. New York Philharmonic concert: John Adams: The Chairman Dances. Esa-Pekka Salonen: Cello Concerto (YoYo Ma). Hector Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique.
8. Cafe Luxembourg: A late dinner of a glass of wine and the tuna. The cafe was quiet. Food and service excellent as always.
9. At Cafe Luxembourg read the Telemachus Chapter of Joyce’s Ulysses over wine and then espresso.